This product has been designed to remove bandages from cows’ hooves. The stainless steel blade has a blunt tip which allows you to slide the knife between the claw and the hoof bandage without hurting the animal.
- extremely sharp front rounded stainless steel blade
- long wooden handle for working from a safe distance
- Ideal for the milking parlour
- solid wooden shaft with rubber grip handle
- reduces risk of injury for the person removing the bandages as it allows you to work from a safe distance
- special shape of the blade with a blunt tip, ensures it can be slid between the leg and the bandage to allow for bandage removal without injuring the cow
How to use the Bandage remover:
- carefully slide the blade between the leg and the bandage making sure that the blunt part of the edge comes out at the bottom of the bandage (or at the top if go in from below)
- pull the bandage remover carefully upwards and the bandage and watch the bandage coming off
TIP! After removing 40-50 bandages you may find the blade needs sharpening. This can be done simply by use of a sharpening block which will restore the blade to it’s original cutting quality. WARNING: Keep fingers away from the sharp edge and always store out of the reach of children. The cutting blade is very sharp. Improper or careless use could cause injury.